Theory and Methodology
- Appadurai, Modernity at Large: Cultural Dimensions of Globalization, 1996
- Anderson, Benedict Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism, 2006
- Arrighi, The Long Twentieth Century: Money, Power, and the Origins of Our Times, 1994
- Cuno, Museums Matter: In Praise of the Encyclopedic Museum, 2013
- Foucault, The Order of Things: An Archaeology of the Human Sciences, 1966
- Geertz, "Kings, Centers, and Charisma: Reflections on the Symbolics of Power", 1977
- Hall, “The West and the Rest: Discourse and Power", 1996
- Hardt and Negri, Multitude: War and Democracy in the Age of Empire, 2005
- Harvey, The Condition of Postmodernity, 1990
- Harvey, Consciousness and the Urban Experience, 1985
- Gilroy, Post Colonial Melancholia, 2005
- Jameson, Postmodernism or, the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism, 1984
- Kern, The Culture of Time and Space, 1983
- Said, Culture and Imperialism, 1993.
- Scott, "Gender: A Useful Category of Analysis", 1986.
- Siegel, "Beyond Compare: Comparative Method after the Transnational Turn”, 2005
- Immanuel Wallerstein. World-Systems Analysis: An Introduction (2004).